CPBL have announced the 2017 Playoff Series schedule today (20-24th October). With Lamigo Monkeys winning the both 1st and 2nd half seasons. For the first time since 2008, CPBL will have a best-of-five Playoff Series between Uni-Lions and Chinatrust Brothers. The winner will move on to the Taiwan Series and face Lamigo Monkeys.
According to the CPBL postseason rule. If the same team clinches both 1st and 2nd half seasons, then the Playoff Series (Wild Card) would be staged for teams with overall 2nd and 3rd winning percentage.
2017 CPBL Playoff Series Schedule
Since Lions have a better overall win percentage than Brothers. Lions will be given the home field advantage in the Playoff Series.
- 20-October Friday – Brothers vs Lions at Tainan – 18:30
- 21-October Saturday – Brothers vs Lions at Tainan – 17:00
- 22-October Sunday – Lions vs Brothers at Taichung – 17:00
- 23-October Monday – Lions vs Brothers at Taichung – 18:30 [If Necessary]
- 24-October Tuesday – Brothers vs Lions at Tainan – 18:30 [If Necessary]
Uni-Lions vs Brothers in 2017
- Lions and Brothers faced each other 40 times this season. With Lions coming on top with 24 wins, 14 losses and 2 draws.
- Uni-Lions with the team batting average of .310 and team ERA of 5.62 when played against Chinatrust Brothers this season.
- Chinatrust Brothers with the team batting average of .280 and team ERA of 5.62 when played against Uni-Lions this season.