The 2017 CPBL mid-season draft will take place on the 3rd of July and the selection tryout will be held accordingly on 19th June. It’s an extremely important and eye-popping event not only to the franchises but also to CPBL fans, as teams are able to pick up some of the country finest top amateur players or players that return from overseas market.
Last year 73 talented youngsters applied for the tryout and entered the mid-season draft (including 25 on the recommendation list), which was the second high in CPBL history. In the end, 36 of them got drafted (including 7 high school graduates).
The teams at CPBL STATS expect to see more high school graduates entering the CPBL draft this year. The complete selection list for the 2017 draft will be finalized on 26th June.
Same as 2016 draft, we will be covering the 2017 draft including introducing the top prospects once we have a much clear picture of the selection list.
Here is a look at the 2017 draft order (Based on teams record from last season):
- Lamigo Monkeys (53-64-3, .453)
- Uni-President Uni-Lions (55-65-0, .458)
- Chinatrust Brothers (68-50-2, .576*)
- Fubon Guardians (61-58-1, .513)
* Although Chinatrust Brothers have the highest overall win percentage, however Fubon will take the last spot in the draft order since they won the 2016 Taiwan Series.