Uni-Lions 36-year-old veteran 高志綱 (Kao Chih-Kang) has reached 1000th career game as the catcher. Kao is the 3rd catcher in CPBL history to reach that milestone, just behind 葉君璋 (Yeh Chun-Chang) and 洪一中 (Hong I-Chung).
Congratulated by the Iron Catcher.
After the game, Kao received standing ovation from both teams and also personally congratulated by Lamigo Monkeys skipper 洪一中 (Hong I-Chung). Who is known as the “Iron Catcher” back in the day, who did not miss a game between 1993-1996.
“Life is short, so I just take it one step at the time. Seize the moment is the most important thing” Said 高志綱 (Kao Chih-Kang) after game.
CPBL all time games as catcher
- 葉君璋 (Yeh Chun-Chang) – 1367 games as catcher (1996-2011)
- 洪一中 (Hong I-Chung) – 1093 games as catcher (1990-2002)
- 高志綱 (Kao Chih-Kang) – 1000 games as catcher (As 6th September 2017)
- 曾智偵 (Tseng Chih-Chen) – 782 games as catcher (1990-2004)
- 陳瑞昌 (Chen Je-Chang) – 746 games as catcher (1996-2009)
- 黃浩然 (Huang Hao-Jan) – 629 games as catcher (As 6th September 2017)