The city of Tainan have announced plan for an Asia-Pacific International Baseball training facility along with a brand new 25,000 seating capacity baseball stadium to replace the aging Tainan stadium which was built in 1931 during the Japan era.
The budget for this project is estimate to be roughly 53 million USD with the idea of turning the city of Tainan into a spring training base for CPBL, NPB and KBO teams. During the regular season the side facility will be use as the training ground for Taiwanese national development team and also to host Taiwan’s industrial league games.
Situated next to the National Museum of Taiwan History, the 3 hectares of land will contain the following facilities:
- One international standard baseball stadium with night lighting systems, large screen systems 15,000 fixed infield seats & 10,000 fixed outfield seats with a grandstand roof covering the infield section.
- One standard deputy stadium comply with international specifications with basic night lightning system, basic electronic scoreboard and a temporary bleachers section with the capacity of 500 people.
- Two WBSC standard Little League baseball stadiums to host any future WBSC Little League games.
- Two infield training fields with red clay and grass.
- One indoor training facility.
- Six pitcher and batter outdoor training fields.