Time to Say Good-Bye to Kao Chih-Kang
The Uni-Lions’ 14-year veteran 高志綱 (Kao Chih-Kang) announces his retirement today. According to the Uni-Lions’ press release, the 37-year-old catcher has accepted a new role as the farm team manager within the organisation.
“We will give Kao Chih-Kang a proper retirement ceremony. However, we will respect Kao’s final decision on this matter,” said the Uni-Lions general manager.
Other Changes in Coaching Team
There are several changes to be done to the coaching team. According to the Uni-Lions’ general manager, the organisation will announce the changes in details in January 2019.
– 高志綱 (Kao Chih-Kang): Player to farm team manager
– 一色優 (Masaru Isshiki): First team strength and conditioning coach resigned to pursuit further opportunity in the United States.
– 許峰賓 (Hsu Feng-Pin): Former farm team manager promoted to the first team as strength and conditioning coach
Quick Facts: Kao Chih-Kang
- DOB: February 7, 1981
- 2004 Un-Lions’ first-round draft pick
- 14 seasons in the CPBL (2005-2018)
- Career stats .278/.341/.354
- 1070 games as the catcher
- Best Ten Award (2007, 2009, 2012, 2013)
- Gold Glove Award (2009, 2010)