The Fubon Guardians have unveiled their 2018 slogan: RISING NORTH. During the press conference, Guardians’ general manager 蔡承儒 (Chris Tsai) also gave the media a glimpse into the organisation’s operational plan for the next 10 years, which includes stadium upgrades and new TV partnership.
Guardians of the North: Rising North
With Fubon Guardians successfully secured the 10 years management rights for the Xinzhuang Stadium, the Guardians Kingdom have officially established to cover the Greater Taipei market.
According to Guardians general manager, the organisation will continue on with the Knights theme when it comes to growing the Guardians brand image and the stadium decorations. From now on, the team will also be known as “The Guardians of the North” and to begin a brand new chapter in the story of the Guardians Kingdom.
“We have 13 theme night events planned for the 2018 season, with the first theme nights (Chapter One: Battlefield) scheduled on March 27th” – Said Guardians GM Chris Tsai.
New Membership Cards for 2018
To keep up with the overall Knights theme, the Guardians also made some adjustment to their membership naming system. (Here is the picture of the 2017 version)
- Royal Guardians will become House of Arthur with Dragon as the sigil.
- Guardians Club will become House of Lancelot with Griffin as the sigil.
- Junior Guardians will become House of Merlin with Unicorn as the sigil.
TV Partnership with the WIN TV Network
No more bias opinion and programing schedule with VL Sports Network! The Guardians will be moving away from the VL Sports Network and enter a three year partnership with the WIN TV Network to televised their 2018 home games.
“We also aiming to have our own broadcasting team, we’ll announce the commentators lineup in March” – Said Guardians GM.
Other than cable TV, fans will still be able to watch the Guardians’ 2018 home games for via various methods. Such as IPTV (ELTA Sports), CPBL TV, or many free streaming service on Yahoo Sports and LINE TV.
The Xinzhuang Stadium Upgrades
- Brand new LED scoreboard.
- TrackMan System.
- Change the existing thick protective net to a thinner version.
- Removing railings in between seating zones for better view.
- Installing TV near the restricted view seats, food courts and the toilets.
- Brand new stadium shop for selling Guardians merchandise. Open all year around.
- Away team seating zone will no longer at the infield. They’ll shift them to outfield.
- Upgrade the field and install new turf.
- Expansion for indoor bullpen, indoor batting facility and clubhouse.