With the CPBL Opening Day just around the corner, after months of waiting, the league have finally announced the official schedule for the new season. And as always, it is not in English.
There is an old saying. “Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.”
So instead of translating and converting the full CPBL season schedule into English, what we will do is to teach you how to read and use the official CPBL schedule page.
Due to the geographical location of Taiwan, it rain a lot during the CPBL season, and with that came with a lot of rainout games which required reschedule. This is one of the reasons why we don’t want to waste our time translating the official schedule. (
Actually, we are just lazy)
Without further ado, here our English guide on how to read the official CPBL schedule.
English Guide on CPBL Schedule
First visit the official CPBL website and on top left corner click on 賽程 (Schedule) which we highlighted below in red.
Filtering Major and Minor League Schedule
On the official CPBL schedule page, you will see the filter tab to switch between first team and farm team schedule. By clicking on it, it will automatically change the schedule to the one you selected.
- 一軍 (First Team/ Major League)
- 二軍 (Farm Team/ Minor League)
Switching Between Different Schedules
This is the most important part. You have to go to that drop down menu and make sure you select 例行賽 (Regular season games). As right now we are still in Spring Training, so the default schedule is set at 熱身賽 (Spring training games).
- 例行賽 (Regular season games)
- 季後挑戰賽 (Playoff Series)
- 熱身賽 (Spring training games)
- 明星賽 (All-Star game)
- 總冠軍賽 (Taiwan Series)
Selecting Based on Stadium
CPBL official site also come with an option to filter based on individual stadium. Click on the drop down menu in the picture I highlighted below. Below are the translation of the stadium name.
- 全部場地 (All Stadiums) – This is set by default.
- 台南 (Tainan) – Mostly used by the Uni-Lions.
- 新莊 (Xinzhuang) – Fully adopted by the Guardians.
- 澄清湖 (Kaohsiung) – Uni-Lions and Brothers play here occasionally.
- 天母 (Tianmu) – Uni-Lions and Brothers play here occasionally.
- 花蓮 (Hualien) – Uni-Lions play here occasionally.
- 洲際 (Taichung) – Mostly used by the Brothers.
- 桃園 (Taoyuan) – Fully adopted by the Monkeys.