How to Read Official 2019 CPBL Schedule
With the 2019 CPBL Opening Day just around the corner, the league finally announced the official schedule for the new season. And as always, it is not in English.
There is an old saying. “Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.”
Instead of translating the full CPBL season schedule into English and keeping it updated throughout the year, what we will do today is to teach you how to access and read the 2019 CPBL schedule on the official website.
So, without further ado, here our English guide on how to read the official CPBL schedule.
*Note: Last updated: March 16, 2019
English Guide on CPBL Schedule
First, visit the official CPBL website and on top left corner click on 賽程 (Schedule) which we highlighted below in red. It will take you to a monthly calendar page.
Filtering Major and Minor League Schedule
On the official CPBL schedule page, at the top right corner, you will see a filter tab to switch between the first team and farm team schedule (一軍, 二軍). By clicking on it, it will automatically change the schedule to the one you selected. (See picture below)
- 一軍 (First Team/ Major League)
- 二軍 (Farm Team/ Minor League)
Switching Between Different Schedules
Now, this is probably the most important part. You have to go to the drop down menu and make sure you select 例行賽 (Regular season games). As right now we are still in Spring Training, so the default schedule is set at 熱身賽 (Spring training games).
- 例行賽 (Regular season games)
- 季後挑戰賽 (Playoff Series)
- 熱身賽 (Spring training games)
- 明星賽 (All-Star game)
- 總冠軍賽 (Taiwan Series)
Selecting Based on Stadium
The CPBL official site also comes with an option to filter based on the individual stadium. Click on the drop-down menu in the picture I highlighted below. Below are the translation of the stadiums’ names.
- 全部場地 (All Stadiums): Set by default.
- 台南 (Tainan): Mostly used by the Uni-Lions.
- 新莊 (Xinzhuang): Fully adopted by the Guardians.
- 澄清湖 (Kaohsiung): Uni-Lions and Brothers play here occasionally.
- 天母 (Tianmu): Uni-Lions and Brothers play here occasionally.
- 花蓮 (Hualien): Uni-Lions play here occasionally.
- 洲際 (Taichung): Mostly used by the Brothers.
- 桃園 (Taoyuan): Fully adopted by the Monkeys.