Chinatrust Brothers have released 7 core players, including power hitter 蔣智賢 (Chiang Chih-Hsien), 2017 Best-Ten award winner 張正偉 (Chang Cheng-Wei) and closer 陳鴻文 (Chen Hung-Wen).
Out of those 7 released players, 3 of them were previously benched by the organisation for disciplinary reasons just before the postseason. This also contribute to another unsuccessfully playoff campaign for Chinatrust Brothers, as they have failed to captured the Taiwan Series for the 4th straight seasons.
Free agents without compensation fee
Being released by the Brothers, those 7 players are now considered as free agents. The other 3 CPBL teams will be able to sign them without paying the compensation fee to Chinatrust Brothers.
蔣智賢 (Chiang Chih-Hsien)
- Former Red Sox farmhand. Signed as international free agent in 2006.
- Drafted 1st round in 2015 by Brothers
- Monster 2016 season .402/.455/.738 and lead the league in OPS+ (176)
張正偉 (Chang Cheng-Wei)
- Drafted 7th round in 2008 by Brothers
- 7X Best-Ten award winner
- 2X Gold Gloves
- 1x Batting Champion
鄭達鴻 (Cheng Ta-Hung)
- Drafted 5th round by Sinon Bulls in 2003
- 2X Best-Ten award winner
- Signed as free agent by Chinatrust Brothers in 2016
陳鴻文 (Chen Hung-Wen)
- Former Chicago Cubs 3A farmhand. Signed as international free agent in 2007
- Drafted 1st round by Brothers in 2012
林煜清 (Lin Yu-Ching)
- Drafted 1st round by Brothers in 2011
- Former Brother domestic ace. Switch to RP role due to injury.
林克謙 (Lin Ko-Chien)
- Drafted 1st round by Sinon Bulls in 2008
- Signed by Brothers as free agent in 2015
- Career year in 2017. 2.56 ERA, 1.20 WHIP over 31.2 innings.
羅國華 (Lo Kuo-Hua)
- Drafted 9th round by Brothers in 2009