It’s another dominating season from Fubon Guardians’ ace Mike Loree. As the 32-year-old RHP will take home the CPBL pitching Triple Crown title this season. This will be Loree’s 2nd Triple Crown title in the last 3 seasons, and will be the 1st pitcher in CPBL history to win the triple crown twice.
Despite having a slow start of the 2017 season due to injury. Loree posted a record of 16 wins, 2.18 ERA, 1.01 WHIP, 154 strikeouts, 227 ERA+ over 160.2 innings of work. While the league average is 4.96 ERA and 1.51 WHIP.
“He (Mike Loree) strives to be the best, always gives 100% while playing in Taiwan. For a foreign players like him to integrating in to Taiwanese lifestyle, it’s not an easy thing. I wouldn’t say he is the best pitcher, but he is the hardest working pitcher I ever seen. Definitely a role model for younger CPBL players” Said Fubon Guardians manager Yeh.
Previous CPBL pitching Triple Crown winners
- 2002 – Chinatrust Whales – 宋肇基 (Sung Chao-Chi)
- 2.13 ERA, 0.96 WHIP, 183 K over 206.2 innings.
- 2006 – Macoto Cobras – 林恩宇 (Lin En-Yu)
- 1.73 ERA, 0.88 WHIP, 209 K over 202.2 innings.
- 2015 – EDA Rhinos – Mike Loree
- 3.26 ERA, 1.23 WHIP, 144K over 190.2 innings.