The four CPBL teams have submitted their final 60-man rosters before the November 30 deadline. The 33 players that are not on the 60-man protection list are either released, retired or moving on to a different role within their organisation (Coach or administration).
The released players will now be considered as free agents and can be approach and sign by other teams without paying the compensation fee to their former team.
Lamigo Monkeys Released Players
|P||林英傑||Lin Ying-Chieh||1999 - 1st round|
|P||王豐鑫||Wang Feng-Hsin||2001 - 5th round|
|P||郭文凱||Kuo Wen-Kai||2012 - 9th round|
|P||王銓宏||Wang Chuan-Hung||2015 - 10th round|
|P||鄭佳銘||Cheng Chia-Ming||2016 - 7th round|
|IF||陳雁風||Chen Yen-Feng||2008 - 5th round|
|OF||李國生||Li Kuo-Sheng||2013 - 4th round|
- It’s the end of the TML (Taiwan Major League) era. As 林英傑 (Lin Ying-Chieh) and 王豐鑫 (Wang Feng-Hsin) were the only TML players remaining in 2017 season. TML was another professional league in Taiwan, established in 1997 and was absorbed by CPBL in 2003.
- 陳雁風 (Chen Yen-Feng) will take on the defense coach position in the farm team. Lamigo is planning to send Chen to Japan for more further coaching training in 2018 season.
— CPBL STATS (@GOCPBL) October 28, 2017
Chinatrust Brothers Released Players
|P||陳鴻文||Chen Hung-Wen||2012 - 1st round|
|P||林煜清||Lin Yu-Ching||2011 - 1st round|
|P||羅國華||Lo Kuo-Hua||2009 - 9th round|
|P||林克謙||Lin Ko-Chien||2008 - 1st round|
|C||鄭達鴻||Cheng Ta-Hung||2003 - 5th round|
|C||郭峰駿||Kuo Feng-Chun||2013 - 8th round|
|C||周聖訓||Chou Sheng-Hsun||2014 - 8th round|
|IF||蔣智賢||Chiang Chih-Hsien||2015 - 1st round|
|OF||張正偉||Chang Cheng-Wei||2008 - 7th round|
|OF||林威助||Lin Wei-Chu||2013 - 3rd round|
- Brothers have released several 1st team core players, including power hitter 蔣智賢 (Chiang Chih-Hsien) based on disciplinary reasons. Which makes 2017 end of season free agent market really exciting. As teams will be able to pick up bunch of CPBL ready veterans without paying the compensation fee.
- 林威助 (Lin Wei-Chu) who will take on the farm team coaching role. There’s speculation Lin will be the new farm team manager, as Brothers have decided not to renewal farm team manager Dallas Williams contract in 2018.
- 郭峰駿 (Kuo Feng-Chun) and 周聖訓 (Chou Sheng-Hsun) will take on administration role within the organisation, at the same time serving as bullpen catchers.
— CPBL STATS (@GOCPBL) August 26, 2017
Uni-Lions Released Players
|P||黃靖幃||Huang Ching-Wei||2013 - 2nd round|
|P||林岳平||Lin Yueh-Ping||2003 - 1st round|
|IF||周廣勝||Chou Kuang-Sheng||2008 - 5th round|
|IF||林志祥||Lin Chih-Hsiang||2009 - 2nd round|
- Despite still able to hit 150kph (93mph) on the gun this season. After 13 seasons, veteran 林岳平 (Lin Yueh-Ping) have accepted the new role as the farm team pitching coach in 2018. Lions will have an official retirement ceremony for Lin in 2018.
#UniLions RHP 林岳平 (Lin Yueh-Ping) to retire after 13 years. Lin is expect to takeover the farm team pitching coach role. Lin posted a career stats of 33 W, 129 SV, 3.88 ERA, 1.45 WHIP over 692 innings. #CPBL pic.twitter.com/IsKpc6v7gn
— CPBL STATS (@GOCPBL) November 28, 2017
Fubon Guardians Released Players
|P||陳煥揚||Chen Huan-Yang||2009 - 6th round|
|P||陳冠儒||Chen Kuan-Ju||2014 - 4th round|
|P||陳泓亦||Chen Hung-Yi||2015 - 11th round|
|P||潘庭豐||Pan Ting-Feng||2016 - 10th round|
|P||黃思漢||Huang Ssu-Han||2014 - 5th round|
|P||黃柏揚||Huang Po-Yang||2013 - 7th round|
|C||林憲章||Lin Hsien-Chang||2013 - 8th round|
|IF||陽冠威||Yang Kuan-Wei||2012 - 4th round|
|IF||方玄宗||Fang Hsuan-Tsung||2013 - 6th round|
|IF||黃智培||Huang Chih-Pei||2010 - 1st round|
|IF||張淯虎||Chang Yu-Hu||2009 - 10th round|
|OF||徐育澄||Hsu Yu-Cheng||2010 - 10th round|
- 陽冠威 (Yang Kuan-Wei) and 黃智培 (Huang Chih-Pei) are probably two of the biggest disappointment in recent time. As both were once considered to be the top amateur players, but were unable to live up to the organisation expectations.
- 黃柏揚 (Huang Po-Yang) assigned to be the assistant to farm team pitching coach.
- 林憲章 (Lin Hsien-Chang) will take on the trainer role. While 徐育澄 (Hsu Yu-Cheng) will move to the administration side.